Join Our Part-time Faculty
BYU Independent Study is seeking enthusiastic and qualified individuals for a number of online, part-time teaching positions to help instruct the 100,000 high school student enrollments we experience each year.
We are looking for experienced teachers (primary residence in Utah or Idaho) who are licensed in the states of Utah or Idaho, grades 9–12, with endorsements in the following discipline areas:
You will be automatically disqualified if you are not endorsed in the subject areas for which you apply. With administrative support, faculty may be asked to obtain credentials and/or licenses in other states.
|9–12, USOE Level 2 license, and endorsements in subject areas
|USOE Level 3 License, or Highly Qualified Teacher, or Natl. Bd. Certif.
|More than two years
|More than five years
|Ability and prior use of LMS (Learning Management System)
|Use of several LMS (Learning Management System) platforms, including BrainHoney; experience using various webinar tools, preferably AdobeConnect; conducted webinars at least 1 year
|Available for afternoon and evening hours several days each week
|Flexible schedule 5 days (20 hours) a week
|Computer with Internet access
|Microphone and webcam
|Skilled in MS Office software, Internet browsers, e-mail, online etiquette
|Effective ability with asynchronous and synchronous tools (discussion boards, chat tools, electronic whiteboards)
|Brigham Young University Employment Requirement
|Willingness to abide by the BYU Honor Code and, for those who are LDS, maintain the standards of conduct consistent with qualifying for temple privileges. We welcome LDS and non-LDS applicants.
- Grading and posting student work
- Providing constructive and detailed feedback to students
- Responding to student and staff questions promptly
- Conducting brief one-on-one student checkpoints (applicable to NEW Instructor-Guided courses)
- Maintaining effective and efficient record keeping procedures
- Interacting with students and parents via e-mail and webinars
- Providing a positive environment to engage students in the learning process
- Meeting professional obligations through efficient work habits
- Commitment to abide by the BYU Honor Code and standards of employment (More information)